Dane County District Attorney, Ismael Ozanne is a Democrat, prosecutor, father and lifelong Madison resident. Ozanne has dedicated his career to public service, working to make our communities safer.
Welcome to the official campaign website for Ismael Ozanne for District Attorney. I ran for re-election for District Attorney of Dane County, so that I could continue to uphold the law, protect the community, and stand up for victims. It is such an honor to serve as your elected Dane County District Attorney, and I am asking for your support.
Thank you! The results are in and I’m proud to have been chosen by the people of Dane County to represent you for another term. I plan to continue to focus on my achievements and my goals for the future of the Dane County District Attorney’s Office. This is an important time for our country, our state and our county. It is critical that we keep a positive, progressive agenda moving forward. To do my part, I intend, as your Dane County District Attorney, to:
– continue to advocate for resources and staffing of District Attorney Offices here in Dane County and across the state to reduce large caseloads and ensure fair and timely review of cases.
– keep Madison one of the best places to live and retire by holding violent and dangerous offenders accountable for the crimes they commit.
– to uphold and enforce the law, especially as it relates to transparency of our government entities under the Open Records Law.
– To continue to support innovative treatment alternatives and diversion for individuals who are a low risk to re offend, such as problem-solving courts and the restorative justice initiative.
-continue to educate the public on the negative effects of corporal punishment on children and broaden the concept of “No Hit Zones”.
– continue to stand up to government officials who abuse the public trust, no matter the political consequences.
Please consider contributing to the campaign by making a donation, volunteering or spreading the word that I am the best choice for Dane County.
Thank you and together, we will do great things!
Created in House Authorized and paid for by Citizens for Ozanne, John Matthews Treasurer